Sunday, February 17, 2008

Puppy Mingling!

So we have been super awesome parents with socializing our puppy (well at least I think so haha) with Shiba's they can be a bit agressive or very take it or leave it with dogs if not socialized. And since we are huge animal lovers, and enjoy taking them outside, camping, hiking, and travelling with us wherever...getting her used to other dogs of every size and shape has been very important.

We have become the creeps who cross the road when we see a dog on the other side, so we can "bump into them" or start walking faster when we see someone up ahead, again so we can "bump into them" We are also in puppy classes, mainly for socialization, as I feel my training is better and we are ahead of all the other puppies (who are older than her...yeah I'm bragging!) I was super frustrated with the classes on our second visit, she seemed to be HATING puppies, to in her face and loud (she is the boss of the world-that's a shiba!) and to clumsy, she loves to play but they are looniebirds to her...or so it seemed. But yet on walks and at the parks she loves almost every other dog... So I was sort of dreading going to puppy class this saturday....but she was a rockstar, got along with every dog...especially the one that usually annoys her the most.

Afterwards we went to Stanley Park Dogpark, she had such a riot there, and was put in her place quite a few times by a small dog who feels the need to bully every puppy...the owner kept apologizing but I said Emi needs to get a taste of her medicine, and dogs will be dogs, you have to let them sniff and work it out on their own (of course unless it becomes violent) Then today we had a puppy mingle...and it was impossible to get a decent shot, since they move so quickly. I think she may have a boyfriend, the black and white fluff ball, and she also had fun with another shiba inu female puppy! I can't wait for next weeks Shiba Meetup....

I know enough already where are the pictures...and I know I am the crazy animal lady, my life is my pets, and my favorite store any pet store to look at the all the fun toys, and accessories! Emi is the smaller tan and a little black shiba, with a pinkish collar!




2 comments:

vivi's mom said...

Emi is soo cute! I have never met a Shiba are they rare? It looks like she is having a ball!

Shauna G said...

I love Shiba's they are my dream doggie!! When I was in Japan I would see them everywhere, I have pictures of me with like 30 different shibas that I met.