Sunday, March 9, 2008

Too fast

Today while out hiking with Emi and Cotton (pug we are pet sitting) James met me, and told me his Great Aunt has pnuemonia (spell check) and it's not looking good.

She has lived in Montreal her whole life, and has no family left there, James' Uncle lives in Ontario and then we are out in Vancouver, his parents and sister are in Victoria. There had been talk about moving her out here, and finally it got sorted out and she moved here end of October I believe. I got to meet her and tried on my wedding dress, and James tried on his suit for her, since she was unable to come to the Dominican with us. She has diabete's and is on dialysis, and a very frail small women.

We got a call a few hours ago from Megan (my sister in law) saying she had passed away. I still can't believe it seemed sort of out of no where, she was really sick and in pain yesterday, but then today she was better and then a few hours later, gone! I wish I could have spent more time with her, the last time we saw her we brought our wedding photo album to his parents place, and thank you cards and promised to come to Victoria and visit more often, and watched hours of old pictures Tom had put on DVD, it was so nice to see his family (they are all gone!) and see their trips and lifes, happy moments and what not.

But I feel like she was at peace, she got to be with family again, and they saw her every few days, she probably has had the best 5 months here compared to the last 5 lonely years in Montreal.

I wanted to post the only picture I have of her, I am feeling extremely guilty now that James and I do not have one with her, I guess we just never thought it could happen this soon. I did not even take this picture but it's from my camera.

Ann we love you!

6 comments:

vivi's mom said...

I'm so sorry for yours and your husbands loss. At least she got to spend her last days with family, I'm sure that meant the world to her.

Jenn M said...

HUGS! My thoughts are with you both!

Jenn said...

Thinking of you too...

Theresa T said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you brightened her last days sharing your dress and photos.

M.R. said...

Prayers are with you and your family!
♥♥♥♥♥

Sondra said...

How good that she was able to be with you all for the last 5 months.

*hugs*.